- Understand the extent of your insurance coverage for office visits and any procedures that you are anticipating in the course of your care with our physicians.
- Review our Insurance and Billing policies and Notice of Privacy Practices
- Complete our New Patient Forms
- Bring your driver’s license and your primary and secondary insurance cards.
- Bring with you all of your current prescription medications.
We are participating providers with most major insurance carriers and are please to bill for your services.
During your initial visit we will collect as much information as possible. however, when you return to our office or come to our surgery center, it is important that you always bring your current insurance cards. If you have a driver’s license, bring that too since it will help make the registration process easier for you. Also, it is important that you update us regarding any changes of address or phone number.
Our office is open between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday (excluding holidays) and 8:00 am until noon on Fridays. For after hours and weekend messages, please call (760) 446-3551.
The most convenient way to refill a prescription is to contact your pharmacy directly. In most cases the process is automated and only requires the information contained on the label of your prescription bottle. Even if you have no more refills, your pharmacy can contact our office to renew your prescription. If additional information is needed, someone from our office will contact you to discuss your need for additional medication or arrange an office visit to ensure proper treatment.
If preferred, you can request a refill by contacting our office at (760) 499-7260. Refill requests received after 12 noon will be processed on the next business day.
Prescriptions for narcotics and pain medications will be filled only during office hours, Monday – Friday and not after hours or on weekends.
If you have a medical emergency, please seek emergency assistance by dialing 9-1-1.